At Clark & Mayfield, we keep it simple when it comes to values—run an honest business, sell a good product, and treat people and the planet well.
Here's how we break it down:
- Maintain honesty in what we do, what we make, what we sell, and how we sell it.
- Make the best products we can, continually work to improve them, and sell them at the best price for both our customers and for our business future.
- Make our company a great place to work or do business with. Treat our employees, customers, suppliers, business partners, and everyone else with the highest respect and dignity.
- Always work to reduce our environmental impact.
- Honor the past, enjoy today, plan for tomorrow.
The Clark & Mayfield story is rooted in a strong dedication to seamless living. Founded by wife and husband team Lauri and Barry DeLaczay, the Portland-based carry-all company grew out of desire to improve the everyday experience of busy professionals. While working as a media specialist at an elementary school, Lauri saw a need for well-designed women's bags that could accommodate all of her daily necessities as well as her laptop. Barry, a computer systems engineer, contributed his focus on function to help create what has become a practical yet beautiful line of technology handbags, rollers, totes and accessories.